We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Popular chicken
- Easy chicken
- Quick chicken
These spicy, zesty chicken skewers are inspired by the hot, tropical nights in Barbados.
34 people made this
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 onion, cut into 6 wedges
- 2 habanero or Scotch bonnet chillies, seeded
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped into 2.5cm (1 in) pieces
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 3cm (1.5 in) piece fresh ginger root, peeled and minced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 175ml (6 fl oz) rum
- 5 tablespoons treacle
- 4 limes, zested and juiced
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets, cut into 3cm (1.5 in) pieces
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:40min
- Place garlic, onion, chillies, spring onions, thyme, allspice and ginger into the bowl of a food processor; blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer mixture to a large, non metallic bowl, and stir in rum, treacle, and lime zest and juice. Place chicken in bowl, and turn to coat. Cover, and marinate for 24 hours.
- Preheat barbecue for high heat.
- Remove meat from marinade, and thread onto skewers. Boil marinade in a small saucepan for at least 3 minutes.
- Brush cooking grate with oil, and arrange skewers on hot grate. Slowly cook the chicken until slightly charred and cooked through, brushing with the marinade every time you turn the meat.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(13)
Reviews in English (12)
These were delicious - juicy, sweet, sour, aromatic! A freak monsoon over the weekend meant that I was unable to BBQ them, but slowly pan fry in the marinade instead. I used 5spice powder because I didn't have any allspice - if I were to make them again I would stick to allspice (as the substitute took over the rest of the flavours) and definately use the BBQ.-29 Jun 2009
by ANN BARDUHN
I served this new recipe to a bunch of our friends at a BBQ this summer and it was a giant hit. The ingredients were different but blended so well and kept the chicken very moist and tender, thanks!!-24 Aug 2003