- Dish type
- Pasta salad
- Seafood pasta salad
- Tuna pasta salad
This is an Italian recipe, very nice for the summer months! It has cucumber in it, which I don't like, but my husband does, so I just add cucumber to his individual portion!
Stirlingshire, Scotland, UK
278 people made this
- 225g (8 oz) pasta, such as spirali, penne or shells
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 200g (7 oz) tin tuna
- 2 tablespoons capers, or 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
- 150ml (1/4 pt) mayonnaise
- 1/2 red pepper, finely diced
- 1 (5cm) piece cucumber
- 85g (3 oz) tinned sweetcorn
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 hard boiled eggs, quartered
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:40min
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 10 to 12 minutes. Drain well in a colander. Place the pasta in a large mixing bowl and toss well with the olive oil.
- Drain the tuna and use a fork to roughly break it into flakes. Put the tuna into a blender or food processor. Add the lemon juice to taste, capers or wine vinegar, and mayonnaise and blend together until smooth and creamy. Add to the pasta and stir together until all the ingredients are evenly mixed.
- De-seed the pepper and then finely dice. Finely dice the cucumber without removing the skin.
- Add the pepper, cucumber and sweetcorn to the pasta and toss together. Spoon into a serving dish.
- Remove the shell from the hard-boiled eggs and cut into quarters. Arrange the wedges decoratively over the salad, then serve.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(17)
Reviews in English (9)
Mmmm I love this recipie i add sweetcorn on those hot days. in the winter swap tuna for chicken.-03 Nov 2011
Love this recipe. Thank you x-04 Mar 2015
Very tasty, even without the onions!-12 Mar 2011