We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Popular chicken
- Easy chicken
- Quick chicken
This is a lovely dish, the chicken is cooked in a cider sauce, so if you like cider, give it a try!
Stirlingshire, Scotland, UK
11 people made this
- 75g butter
- 340g chicken, either left whole or cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 60g plain flour
- 420ml chicken stock
- 280ml dry cider
- salt and pepper to season
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 140ml single cream
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:45min ›Ready in:1hr
- Melt 1/3 of the butter and gently fry the chicken and onion for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the pan and place in a casserole dish.
- Melt the remaining butter and stir in the flour gradually, add stock and cider, stirring continuously to make a smooth sauce. Season well.
- Add the mushrooms and 2 tablespoons of the chopped parsley.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and onion. Cover and cook in a preheated oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Just before serving stir in the cream and garnish with the rest of the chopped parsley.
Serve hot with roast potatoes and vegetables.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (3)
A very easy dish and very nice I forgot to add the cream at the end but at least it made it more healthy.-17 Jun 2010
this was lovely maybe alittle thick.flavour was lovely. we will make again-07 May 2011
Made it healthier.i used soy cream instead.-07 May 2011