- Dish type
- Vegetable salad
- Cabbage salad
This is a wonderfully crunchy and refreshing salad.
44 people made this
- 1 medium head bok choy, diced
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 (94g) packet Chinese instant noodles
- 50g (2 oz) blanched slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
MethodPrep:15min ›Ready in:15min
- Combine bok choy and spring onions; cover and chill.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice and noodle seasoning packet. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Break noodles into small pieces; combine with almonds and sesame seeds.
- Before serving, combine the bok choy mixture and noodle mixture; add dressing and toss to coat.
For more authentic flavour, buy imported instant noodles at your local Asian supermarket.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(44)
Reviews in English (37)
This was interesting, but with just the Ramen noodle seasoning was a little bland. I added two tablespoons of black bean sauce, some dark sesame oil, and a pinch of sugar (or Splenda). I also toasted the almonds as well as the sesame seeds.After those additions to the dressing, this recipe was fabulous, and my husband and two boys *(ages 1 and 3) loved it as well. I made all 8 servings and we polished off the whole bowl. This will easily become a regular recipe in our house!!-26 Feb 2004
by Kelly Spelman
I have had and made this in the past and let me tell you, it is FANTASTIC! You can eat the ramen noodles and almonds as a snack as well. There is another recipe for the dressing involving sugar and red wine vinegar, but this looks healthier! Definitely a crowd-pleaser!-22 Aug 2005
I would not go out and buy bok choy for this recipe. I had some leftover and made this. The sauce was bland so I added 3/4 of the chicken seasoning that came with the ramen and about a teaspoon of vinegar. I made everyones in an individual bowls so that the leftovers would not get soggy. Only for a pot luck would I mix everything together before serving. Cabbage can be used in place of the bok choy. I have had this with shredded chicken and you have a nice lunch.-23 May 2005