We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of chicken
- Chicken breast
This is a fabulous way to use in-season asparagus when you're in a rush to get dinner on the table. It's hard to believe that just a few ingredients taste so lovely!
10 people made this
- 5 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
- 20 spears fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 (295g) tins cream of asparagus soup
- 350ml milk
- 1 tablespoon seasoned breadcrumbs
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:55min ›Ready in:1hr5min
- Preheat an oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease a 20x30cm baking dish. Place the chicken breasts into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the centre, about 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil, and simmer the asparagus spears until bright green, about 5 minutes. Remove the asparagus and set aside. Mix together the soup and milk in a bowl until well blended. Remove the chicken from the baking dish and set aside. Line the bottom of the dish with asparagus spears, arrange the chicken on top, and pour the soup mixture over the chicken. Sprinkle the top with breadcrumbs.
- Return to oven and bake until the casserole is hot and bubbling, an additional 25 minutes.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(12)
Reviews in English (8)
This is a great recipe! I'll make it again and again. I only used one can of soup (Cream of Celery) and 3/4 cup of milk and added 2 Tbsp. of Mayo and 1/4 tsp. of fresh ground pepper. Delicious!-12 Apr 2011
As I was looking for a recipe for the boneless/skinless breasts I had thawed out, my roomie took it upon himself to season the chicken with Sea Salt, Black Peppercorns (crushed), and Paprika. I caught him just as he was pouring melted butter over it all. So ok, I let the chicken cook in the oven, as recipe specifies, for 30 mins. Took the buttery goodness from the chicken pan and poured it into a 9x13. Laid the mostly defrosted asparagus spears (I used frozen, so omitted the cook time) on the bottom of pan, placed chicken breasts on top and went to make the cream soup/milk mixture. I had cream of celery and no milk, so I used water instead. Poured it over the chicken/asparagus. Sprinkled the Italian Seasoned bread crumbs a little generously. The result, very tasty! But much to liquidy. Definitely need to use the milk or if using water, I'd say cut it in half....Thanks for the recipe. It worked out in the end :-)-23 Mar 2010
very good! my chicken took longer to cook them 30mins, but i did not halve the chicken breasts. i made mashed potatoes on the side and used the soup mixture as gravy.-01 Dec 2010