We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Celebration cakes
- Chocolate torte
This is a gorgeous and cool summer dessert. Vanilla ice cream can be used instead of mint chocolate chip, if desired.
17 people made this
- 120g crushed chocolate sandwich biscuits
- 50g butter, melted
- 1 litre mint chocolate chip ice cream, softened
- 4 tablespoons creme de menthe liqueur
- 80g crushed chocolate sandwich cookies
- 3 egg whites
- salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons creme de menthe liqueur
- 5 tablespoons caster sugar
MethodPrep:30min ›Extra time:8hr freezing › Ready in:8hr30min
- Combine 120g biscuit crumbs and melted butter. Press firmly over bottom and up the sides of a 23cm pie dish. Freeze.
- Spread half of softened ice cream over biscuit base. Drizzle 2 tablespoons creme de menthe and sprinkle 1/2 of the remaining biscuit crumbs over the ice cream. Repeat. Freeze till firm.
- In a clean bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add salt and cream of tartar, and beat until slightly stiff. Gradually beat in sugar until peaks form. Fold in 2 teaspoons creme de menthe. Spread meringue over pie, and seal to edges. Freeze up to 24 hours.
- Just before serving, grill under a very hot grill until top is golden.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(18)
Reviews in English (13)
by Carole M
This went over huge! I ended up using peppermint extract and green food colouring instead of creme de menthe as I could only find a $20 bottle of the stuff, and I was not spending that kind of money on something I needed only a few tablespoons of. I think I should have either lined the bottom with wax paper or sprayed it with no stick pray b/c I had a hard time getting the pieces of pie out. But it was so incredibly delicious.-04 Apr 2003
I doubled the ingredients and made this in a 9 by 13 inch pan to take for a birthday party and everybody loved it. I didn't have enough mint-chocolate icecream, so I used vanilla for the bottom layer. The cut pieces looked very pretty with the different colors.-11 Oct 2003
by PAM G
Delicious and easy to make. We used Haagen Daaz mint chocolate chip ice cream and this came out to die for! Everyone devoured it. Definitely plan to make this one again!-26 Dec 2000