We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Frozen desserts
- Ice cream
Lovely cinnamon ice cream that is unbelievably luscious and creamy. Or, simply serve with poached fruit for a fantastic pud.
8 people made this
- 175ml double cream
- 2 tablespoons soured cream
- 6 eggs
- 130g sugar
- 475ml milk
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:30min ›Extra time:1hr resting › Ready in:1hr45min
- In a medium bowl, stir together the double cream and soured cream. Set aside in a warm place for about an hour to thicken.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs with sugar using an electric mixer until pale. Stir in the milk and cinnamon, and transfer to a saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Stir in the vanilla, and remove from the heat. Set aside to cool.
- When the custard has cooled, stir in the soured cream mixture. Freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(9)
Reviews in English (7)
Though I was nervous(I'd never made custard style icecream before), I made this with a peach pie on my daughters first birthday. We all loved it! It was different than the usual vanilla and the cosistency was great. Creamy and delicious. Thanks for the recipe!-15 Aug 2006