We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Bean salad
You can prepare this flavourful broad bean salad in minutes. It's tomatoes, onion and cucumber tossed with fresh parsley, lemon juice and olive oil. Makes a great, simple, side dish for traditional Middle Eastern meals.
122 people made this
- 1 (500g) bag frozen broad beans, cooked according to package instructions
- 2 medium fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- half a bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:5min ›Ready in:25min
- Combine cooked broad beans, tomatoes, onion and cucumber in a salad bowl. Toss with garlic, parsley, lemon juice and olive oil. Season with cumin, and salt and pepper to taste. Can be served room temperature or cold.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(38)
Reviews in English (28)
try removing the outer skin from the broad beans. makes the beans softer and tastier...-02 Jul 2014
I found the flavour of the beans too bitter for the salad-15 Jan 2010
Altered ingredient amounts.didn't like the beans so next time I'll use diced boiled eggs instead-15 Jan 2010